Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Definitely the last tin

I'm hoping that I'll be able to do some thinking on this thing. I do most of my thinking hanging out a window of my flat smoking. I get most of my ideas there, always the furthest window from any pen and notebook.

I'm not supposed to be a smoker. I was always the kid at school who knew that smoking was bad, and that I'd never do it, which set me aside from all the other 11 year olds. The teachers told us this and I went along with them. The teachers liked me, always the good boy, but I had to keep them sweet. It was the only way to distract them from noticing how bad I was at the subjects they taught. Keep them on my side. Already I was thinking tactically.

So I smoke. Small cigars mainly. Everytime I buy another tin the voice in my head says "this will be the last tin". But recently I've decided to ignore the voice in my head and just wing it. It's working, but I think it may have a point with the smoking. So this is definitely the last tin. Second to last actually, I have a busy weekend.

So yes, ideas. None so far. But it's early isn't it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home