Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Time please

I hate to admit this, but maybe it's for the best. I'm bored shitless.

It's the first day of my job I've felt this way, so it had to come. Poker is a great game, but watching two slow heats on a saturday is no longer a novelty. It's a hard slog and only my professionalism will see me through. But I'm all out of that. I'm back to hanging on.

But my 'hang on' mode is one of the best. I can brace myself for any kind of tedium better than anyone I know. It's become a matter of pride - just how long can I cope with this madness?

Seems I'm about to find out, as this heat shows no sign of finishing soon. Even Mike Matusow's lip has faded and he's taking it seriously. 'Not long now', we thought an hour ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home