Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Home Working

I'm supposed to work from home most of the week. It was a big part of the signing-up negotiations. I could work from home and save myself the train fare. It was good. I woke late. Recently though it's been the office everyday and home almost never. I've lived here for 13 days now and have hardly been in the place. So today is a deliberate day of working from home.

Not that I've done much. Couple of emails and three cups of coffee. I'm also in the garden making the most of the sunshine. This is starting to sound like a gay, carefree blog post. I'm not gay. But I am carefree. But should I be worried about the smell of gas coming from the patio?

Nevermind. It's a good day. And the article I started yesterday no longer seems headed for the hellish crapness it once was. Something about PokerStars. It's tricky because there are things I need to say, but also people reading it who I don't want to misinterpret what I write as criticism. Conrad Brunner for one. Actually only him. I have a lot of time for Conrad and I emailed him yesterday for information and said I'd say nice things about them, but how can I let my invitation error go unmentioned?

We'll see. And a job at PokerStars was never going to happen. They could never offer me what I have here. For sure now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home