Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

An all-night search for a miracle

Just when you think things seem to be calming down a bit, the flames that you didn't notice leaping up, take off your eyebrows and remind you that there is no rest period. No time to regroup. Get back to work. Back to the edge of your seat. Put some pants on and hold on to them.

We're back on 'situation serious', also known as 'situation normal'. An article to do; not in the leisurely and thoughtful way I'm used to. Instead, a hell for leather 24 hour thing where anything goes and anything will just have to do.

So what to write about? Las Vegas? No, I'm done with that, at least until May. No, this will have to be original. How I hate that. Something off the top of my head, crafted out of stone with nothing more than the skin of my fingers.

But I can already feel professionalism creeping in. Botheredness you might say. It has to be done so do it right.

Crap, what the hell am I going to do? And shouldn't I be writing work stuff and not this? To hell with that. No fear. Time to dust off the 600 words of gibberish from one of those tricky ones that ran away from me and got put in a draw several months ago. Dress it up a little. Change the level of believability if you must. I think I can pull this off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home