Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Friday, August 25, 2006

My Beard

It was a terrible mistake. Shaving off my beard in a spur of the moment thing that wasn’t thought through.

I should have known. In the past I’ve had beards, thought ‘why not shave it off?’ only to be horrendously disappointed when I took that first look in the mirror. This time was no different. Looking back at me with pink skin was a man who looked like he was made of plasticine – and in a rush too. Lumps everywhere.

So now all concentration is directed towards re-growing the thing. For one my face is cold. For two, I want my old face back. I’ve learned my lesson. People at work keep saying I look younger. Screw that. I’m 30 next month. I’ve accepted I’m getting older; I can at least look the part.

So yes. The stubble has already started. They’ll be more tomorrow. I’ll feel better then and be able to show my face without shame. Well, with the usual shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home