Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

White Pants Today

The first glimpse of just over two consecutive days off are coming into view. Grab hold. Don’t let go. For this I need to keep working. Do this week’s work then get a good chunk of next week’s in the bag. Two full days and nights of care free living with no laptop and a bill for accommodation, food, cleaning - things I wouldn’t want to have to sort myself.

This will all be with my girlfriend Jo. I hardly mention my girlfriend here, even after over six months together. I’m a private guy. I don’t talk about stuff. Perhaps I should. Unless I’m asked of course, then the floodgates open. I’ll talk about her for hours.

Maybe I should say something here. I know my world revolves around her and nothing else matters when she’s there. This is about as sentimental as I get I’m afraid. The rest I keep for myself. Wish I could say more. She puts up with my rubbish, and I put up with hers. Only her rubbish isn’t rubbish at all. It’s the stuff that makes it worth hanging around for. The bits that no one else knows about - just special to me. She doesn’t realise this perhaps, but I’m still here. That’s the long term plan.

So yes, two days away. Then to work again. Austria. Never been. Anyway, I’m not thinking about that tonight. I’ll blog about ready meals and living in a mess some other time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home