Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Test Day

Blood first, then a series of small stickered circles carefully attached to my chest. Then ripped off less carefully. There's only one person in the world I'm comfortable taking my shirt off for, and it's not a Tooting General Hospital staffer with a waiting list to get through. Bedside manner has been dropped from medical degrees in order to shave a year off the training.

Nonetheless early indications say I'm fine. Although aren't they supposed to say that? It's fair to say that frightening the life out of someone with a heart complaint risks making the situation worse. It probably opens up prosecution channels too. She was lying to me!

No, wait. I think I'm alright. The wobbly line on the heart monitor seemed normal to someone of my 'Cubs first aid badge' experience. And there are more tests in a month to look forward to which should rule out imminent death at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home