Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Night time Emails

Fuck. Just when you think you've got a hold of the ball it turns out you were carrying a bag of crap. Two days spent on a 'never-going-to-be-great' article and it turns out it's not great. An email me from my Editor in the night telling me so. And to think I was feeling okay about this one.

Now it will go on like this. Whatever I send, good or bad, will have a limbo period, where I sit clicking refresh on my laptop waiting for the 'all clear' email. I need to sort this out. I thought things were getting better. Did I really take my eye off of things? Maybe I needed more time?

I need a place to work. Not too keen on my new house and I seriously need a desk to organise myself. If I work at the club, where I normally get a lot done, I'll smoke like a bastard and feel miserable soon enough. Maybe when the Editorial office is sorted in the new building? Right now this is important. I need to think of somewhere with no distractions.

Fuck, shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home