Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Don't stop - it's here somewhere

A clear night tonight, with a full moon making it cold too. Clear maybe but this didn't stop me getting lost on the way home from Tooting Bec. It always happens with the car. I set out in the general direction of home, get cocky, and end up speeding the other way wondering where the hell it all went wrong.

Of course that precious male gene is weaved into this pattern. That of feeling no need to ask directions. It's not that I feel lesser for doing this, just that it always seems more fun to try and work it out myself. This I did. Intending to refuel the hire car in Streatham, instead the closest I managed was three miles away in Balham. Ah, what the hell...

The car goes back tomorrow, after three great days that cover a trip I'm keeping in my head for now. Life picks up again where it left off. Then away again on Friday. It never stops. I'm looking for more clear weather and a quicker trip home.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home