Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saturday

Absolutely bugger all to blog about. This is new.

I could mention the small bets on West Ham and Spurs today. But that would be all. No insight. Just impulse bets with no reasoning.

Then there’s the dismal ‘drama-documentary’ I spent three hours watching about Dresden this afternoon. Rubbish from start to finish. And it was Channel 4. They’re supposed to be groundbreaking. Instead they went for stereotypes and villains. Anyone can do that.

I could mention the Zidane film we went to see yesterday, but that was one of the highlights of a bad week, so I’m keeping that for myself.

I have interviews to prepare, for Phil Laak and Antonio Esfandiari on Monday. I could almost like Laak; but I’m not sure about Esfandiari. And in the meantime I may have offended one of the few Muslim players to make a good living from poker.

I could mention the duty free cigarettes from Austria and the slight shame I felt buying them. I could mention the misery of knowing it’s my week to vacuum the house and I really can’t be bothered. Or the fact that I haven’t been food shopping for over ten days but somehow I’ve managed to stay alive.

I could mention that Tranmere Rovers lost last night to a team I’ve hated for years. And that our season is effectively over, despite that promising start. And I could mention how good it is to actually care for a change. There’s not much else to mention. The days go by fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home