Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Ice Cold in tooting

How did it get so fucking freezing? That's it. The scarf is coming out. Well, it wasn't that bad. But two jumpers underneath my summer coat make me look bulky. At least no one will mess with me as I wait 11 minutes again for a bus.

There was I thinking there was nothing much to report until I passed the now vacant Curry Express, where a girl was leaning up against some shutters asleep. I've never seen that before. Someone leaning against a wall sleeping. At 1am. I don't think you'd see that anywhere else. Maybe her face had frozen to the metal. I can't be sure.

But yes. Home with the window closed. It makes a leaning cigarette a tougher decision than normal. But what the hell. I'll freeze. And it's a big day tomorrow. I may be painted several colours and blow my eyebrows off with some fireworks. Can't wait.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home