Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Still on tour

Here we are again in Stoke Newington. I complain about slumming it on people’s sofas, but every place I’ve stayed in this last week has been pretty good. On arrival here I get a drink with ice, free reign with the TV and the couple of hundred DVDs, and I can eat whatever is in the fridge. Throw in a child and this is normally called baby sitting.

Actually this is good training. When my friend kate gives birth in six weeks I expect to be shortlisted. The deal is that I baby sit, whilst Mark, her husband does my taxes next year. On the surface it seems fair. But I know nothing about babies, and Mark hasn’t seen my piles of receipts. One of us could crack...

But anyway, sit back. Relax. Enjoy that feeling of having worked hard all day and finished what you set out to do. Smugness. It'll do for now.

There was only really one blip in the day. When I moved too fast getting up from the table I was working at tonight, I pulled out my headphones as I started to dash to take a call. Somehow I managed to drop the ear piece into a drink. Pretty much soaking it. Now I'm worried that If I put the thing in my ear again and turn on something loud my head might explode. So for the time being I'm sticking to humming.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home