Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The 'Ooooh' Mood

I've written too many blog posts lately that I wanted to start with the word "ooooh". The "ooooh" mood is still here. After 11 solid hours of looking at my computer screen I've sent an article to my boss. And now, bugger it, I'm waiting for the all clear.

It won't come of course. They'll be changes to be made, different angles to approach from. That's fine. As long as the first words out of my Editor's mouth aren't "Stephen, this is no good" then I'll be okay. If not, then I'm going to the off license.

... but then it comes. Not so much an 'all clear' as a 'nothing to clear'. No word, we've already moved on. That's how it works with my Editor. If something is acceptable then nothing is said. Only if it's bad will tempers flare.

So yes, we move on. Thank fuck for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home