Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Re-writes and Corporate Flyers

The Corporate Flyer is back. I've been studying. It's a whole new art form. But I'm a Poker Doctor now, and with that comes blind confidence and fearless momentum. No task to big. No criticism too small.

The routine is almost back, with the big jobs settling into cruise whilst the rest of the work takes a front seat. There are still re-writes to do, and notes to add; to the PokerStars article and the Johnny Chan interview, but I've learned a lot this last week. I just wish I'd had more than four minutes with Johnny "Fucking" Chan.

I had lots of follow ups in mind and other questions which would have been a little more taxing. Instead, with limited time I just thought it best to get anything down and take it from there. No luck. Like a true sportswriter I got down what he wanted me to hear and nothing more. Failure. Crap. I don't care about his book. And his line of clothes must soon be destined to fold like a cheap pink animal skin suit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen Leo said...

Johnny Chan has a clothing line and a new book? Email me the details.

Sorry I've been remiss. New book coming out. Birthday. Lots to keep busy with.

I hope you are well and I'm happy you're doing this blog so that I can check in and catch up. :-)

4:27 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Hi Jen
I saw his shirt. You don't want to know about his line of clothing.
He has a website now though, which probably has the info.
Good to hear from you anyway. All good here.
Steve

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home