Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Bank Holiday Day One

Bank Holiday again. How many of these fuckers are there every year?

I used to know. When you have an office job Bank holidays are like rafts that you swim to, to escape rip tides. Then you let go and look for the next, hoping to leap frog to shore. Also known as a two week summer holiday.

These days though they're just an ordinary day, not least because I don't get the day off. I can't tell the difference between days anyway. Last Thursday it took me a good three minutes to work out which day it was when I woke up. Three minutes doesn't sound long, but that's 180 seconds of total confusion. Besides, I don't call it Thursday anymore - I call it day five.

But anyway, I'm taking a few hours off regardless. I'm going to the London Aquarium, the biggest collection of fish in London not battered and served with vinegar. It's exciting. It could get freaky as well, but that's okay. For as long as fish like to swim up and down again and again, nothing too bad can happen.

I've posted this quickly. All there is to do now is to wait for the boss to call with urgent work.
The phone is ringing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home