Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Karma

It's wednesday. My article for the week is done and well, the writing side of my job is finished for a couple of days. No more creativity. Relief.

But it's going to be one of those horrendously shitty days today, I just know it. You get a sense for these things.

My best friend lives in Mexico and spent a good part of his professional Buddhist life teaching me about Karma. I'm not talking 'My Name is Earl' Karma, I mean the real stuff. I'm not a full-on convert but there's a little of it floating around, I've seen it too much, and I think I'm in the downswing part of it all. Bad things.

But anyway. It's nothing Marilyn Manson can't shift. Sometimes the only thing that helps is Marilyn and his pseudo forces of hell rattling around the flat. That should do it until the police arrive.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen Leo said...

On Karma...all I know is that a lot of good things happen to me, and for me. I feel surrounded my angels, if that doesn't sound to hokey. Is it a coincidence that I try to help others? Or would people call that Karma?

I don't know. But I've recently met someone who is unlucky and is in my life. And I tell him all the time that he should try doing things for other people outside of the people he knows. Volunteering, or something. Just to see if the energy around him would change.

I think it's a worthy experiment. Maybe I'm blessed by nature. Maybe I help others, by nature. I don't know. But I think it's good character as a human to help others, regardless of trying to purposefully reverse your karma.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I hope your day gets better.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Thanks Jen
I like your way of looking at life. Lesson for us all.
I'm not unlucky, I'm actually very lucky in most ways, so I'll quit complaining.
Anyway, my day got better.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home