Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Code Red

This could be a Code Red day. First I got to work this morning and realised I had no plans for where to stay tonight. Then, big news for the company I work for means the recently cancelled corporate writing stuff is back on. Not only that but I have several big pieces of work to do today as well. Lastly, but more importantly, is a paranoia thing I want to help with. And from my desk I feel pretty powerless.

The accommodation is sorted at least. I'm back in "The Generator" tonight, a place which is starting to sound like the showpiece of the World Wrestling Federation's Year - a roomy building where the winner is the last one to escape alive. I'm thinking of keeping a low profile at check in. I'll try and get hold of a cap and sunglasses before tonight. But if the same bloke is working the front desk I may confess everything. 'It was me who wrote the comments mate... I'll sleep on the street.'

When work is busy it tends to be good. But there are articles, press releases and corporate documents to write today, in addition to all the other stuff. But you have to be in the right frame of mind to face this kind of stuff. I'm struggling with that today.

I think cigarettes would be a good move. I'm smoking more cigars than I can count and when I tried a cigarette a few days ago it had half the effect the cigars have. That's bad. Smoking is bad.

Back to work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home