Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Four minutes

I'm four minutes away from the next smoke I'm allowing myself today. This is getting rediculous. The stress of trying to quit has nearly doubled the amount I smoke. Perhaps if I decided not to quit I'd be over it by the end of the day? Who knows?

Three minutes...

Seriously though my health is important. Is life really a coin flip between living life to the full and leaving a good looking corpse? I'm undecided, but if I'm honest I recently started using hand cream. Good God.

Two minutes...

But the weather was cold and my skin on my hands was dry and cracked. I need my hands, for all sorts, so I took action.

One minute...

I think the problem may be my current work environment. An environment where smoking is actively encouraged. You'd expect nothing more form a poker club though and it's important to make the regular smokers feel welcome and at ease.

But when I get my stuff moved into a house where smoking is verboten then I'm pretty sure my attitude will change. No more hanging out the window. No more standing outside in the freezing cold. I'm drawing a line in the ash.

Dammit, i've lost my lighter...

So yes, there we go. I'll save a fortune too. Must think like that. That will help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home