Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Good Life

I've developed a habit of coming home at 1 o'clock in the morning when it's cold and I don't have enough clothes on. This, along with not eating well, sleeping odd hours, smoking too much and worrying too much has brought on a cold.

On top of that the flat moving situation has moved, well, nowhere in the last couple of days. I saw a place in Wimbledon last night, nice enough, but I got the sense that there would be daily cleanliness inspections at least twice a day and I'm not the military type. I see another one tonight, slightly over my budget, but at this point I'm prepared to pay for luxury. Which is exactly what I would be getting if I lived anywhere else than London.

But fuck that, I'm in a good mood. And with that comes a loose wallet. And if Oxford win the boatrace today maybe I can cover the distance.

Or was it Cambridge? Dammit, which one was I supposed to back?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen Leo said...

You could move to Vegas...

1:18 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Excellent idea Jen but I'd just moan about the heat... and then the air conditioning...

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home