Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Unplugged

13 minutes. Still I shouldn't complain. At least there was a bus to wait for. Tooting Bec was quiet tonight. Maybe Thursday is the quiet night after all, and not the pre-friday test run I thought it was. Or, maybe I was out too early to catch the test-clubbers. It was midnight. A good rehearsal won't finish till one.

13 minutes is the absolute cut-off time for the late night 'bus-it/walk-it' question. 13 minutes. Another seven for the bus journey itself, then five more for the walk home at the other end. 25 minutes? I can walk it in 26. 'Bugger it', I thought. 'I'll wait'.

Besides, I was feeling less cavalier than earlier. I think this is a good thing. It stops me from singing out loud as I walk. But previous heroics had been cancelled out tonight by a one inch mouse. I caught one yesterday and released into the Tooting wild, ending the screams the women and children. But tonight the little bastard was back. It escaped, and made me look bad. I'm going to have to wrestle and capture a tiger now to make up for it. I could have done with the heart monitors still attached for that one.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home