Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Homeless

There's nothing like a deadline to get your mind into peak gear. I'm not talking writing deadlines here, I'm talking "have to be out of the house" deadlines, which now see me technically homeless inside of 24 hours.

It doesn't help being out of the country for much of the time you would spend hunting down a new place, but it sure does sharpen the edges of life. Boy this is fun. Just which friend shall I impose myself on tomorrow?

Thing is, even though it's taking ages, it's important to get out of here for all sorts of reasons. It's like the future starts tomorrow and it's dark where I am now. I want to go where the sun shines dammit. I don't care where I have to put my stuff whilst I do, I just want to enjoy things again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home