Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Shoe-Ins and New Certainties

Those bastards.

Well, maybe that's a little harsh on the guys who had to do the rowing, but still. I was promised. It hurts.

Still, my tipster has bigger worries than me tracking down his address. Namely my colleague, who believing the hype a little more than I did and emptied a less than lean betting account on the future lawyers of Cambridge. And of course there's the tipster himself, who had hundreds running on the same boatload of wet losers. So dropping a fiver doesn't feel as bad as it did when Cambridge blew it before they reached the first bridge. But I did want both teams to sink as they reached the last bend.

I had another tip tonight though. Stick to betting on West Ham. Quite right. It comes with a 100% record. Iron clad. I've learned my lesson.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen Leo said...

I have barely a clue what you're talking about, but that's ok.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Jen Leo said...

Never mind, I did some back reading and get it now... :-) Disregard. And send me an email when you have a chance about the nice things you had planned last weekend.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home