Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Streatham Common

A few hours in London sunshine, 22 degrees and zero cloud cover. I now have a pink neck and a warm feeling on my face.

Streatham Common, with my girlfriend and a six year old. This one is pretty great, and not just because she's my girlfriend's daughter. Mainly because she wants to have fun all the time, and play. All six-year-olds should be like this. No worries in the world. We should all try this.

A picnic, with pretend ham wrap things, crisps and chocolate Elf cakes. Then up to the Rookery, a park-type place which follows the hill and has a view that stretches all the way to Croydon. Then it went wrong a little bit...

It was pretty much my fault for saying there was a view. I couldn't remember how to get there. I just remember it's near a big white house. But I would have bought all the blueberry ice lollies in the Borough of Lambeth to have been able to find it really quick.

But six-year-olds are entitled to get a bit pissed off when things go wrong. Even when it isn't relly that bad. Just wanted her mum not to, and she didnt much - just some rubbish about me being put off.

Anyway. This has to be the most whimsical post here so far. I'll return to hell and fury some other time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home