Name:
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Stephen Bartley writes about poker and gambling. His passions away from work and family are horse racing, tea, drink and politics. Having escaped London, a world that involved double locks and baseball bats hidden by the door, Stephen moved with his partner, step-daughter and young son to Whitstable, a seaside town in Kent, where he resides in a coastal fortress with astonishing fields of fire. That makes it good for nights in, watching American racing, drinking cocktails and getting early nights.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Derby

I don't know how the hell it happens sometimes, but betting luck has picked up again after the disastrous FA Cup Final a few weeks ago - the Cup Final I want confined to the depths of hell.

Sir Percy came home first by a short head. Last week at the Johnny Chan press lunch I had a tip from a Racing correspondent who said it would be Sir Percy or Septimus who would run to the line good. I have a bad record on tips, the last being that Cambridge was a cert to take the boat race. This, it turned out, was utter crap.

But this tip seemed more legit. Even I could see that Sir Percy had RP and speed ratings to potentially lead the field after 1m 4f. On went the money. At the very least I had someone to blame.

So yes. What does this mean? Nothing I hope. I'm sick of karma bets, so I'll just take the loot. Although if it means a run of nice things I'll take that too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home